TETRIS EFFECT: CONNECTED SUPPORT
Read the FAQ section below to see if your question has been answered already.
Join our Community to see if other players have a solution to your problem.
Submit a support ticket with our team, we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
1. Streaming/Recording Rules
Streaming and recording of the game are allowed. Music rights are owned by Enhance and we will not issue any copyright strikes. Please enjoy and let us know if you stream!
2. I can’t connect to any of the Multiplayer modes!
Please check that you’re playing the latest version of the game (check the bottom left of your title screen). Multiplayer modes won’t work if you’re not on the latest version of the game.
3. Will the Connected multiplayer expansion come to the PS4, Epic Games PC or Oculus Quest versions of Tetris Effect? When?
Yes! The Connected update is free for all owners of Tetris Effect and it’s out now.
4. Will Tetris Effect come to Steam?
5. When is Tetris Effect: Connected coming out for Nintendo Switch?
The Nintendo Switch version was announced on August 11, 2021 and was released on October 8, 2021.
6. Is there a PS5 version of Tetris Effect: Connected on the way?
No, we have no plans for a dedicated PS5 version of Tetris Effect or Tetris Effect: Connected, but the PS4 version of Tetris Effect will run on the PS5 via backwards compatibility, including in PSVR.
7. Which VR headsets are supported on Steam and Win 10 PC?
Oculus Rift and HTC VIVE are the officially supported VR headsets. Valve Index and other headsets are not yet officially supported and we can’t guarantee that you’ll have the best gameplay experience with other headsets.
8. Does Tetris Effect: Connected support cross-play online multiplayer ? Will my progress carry over between the different versions?
Yes, Tetris Effect: Connected supports cross-play online multiplayer between all versions. However, progress does not carry over between versions outside the Xbox/Microsoft family.
Related: I’m on PC and want to switch from using the Epic Games Store or Windows 10 version to the Steam version. Can I transfer my progress?
9. How many players can play in each multiplayer mode?
Zone Battle: 1P vs. 1P (or 1P vs. CPU on local multiplayer)
Score Attack: 1P vs. 1P (or 1P vs. CPU on local multiplayer)
Classic Score Attack: 1P vs. 1P (or 1 vs. CPU on local multiplayer)
Connected: 1-3P vs. CPU (or 1-3P vs. 1P in Connected Vs. Mode, Friend and Local Matches available 24/7, Ranked Matches available during Weekend Rituals)
CPU A can be substituted for live players in Local Matches (offline) and Friend Matches (online). Ranked Matches (online) require all players to be human.
10. How does reviving in Connected mode work, anyway?
Tap one of the rotate buttons to the beat of the CLAP to fill your REVIVE meter. Teammates can help fill your meter by doing any Tetris Line Clears or t-spins.
11. How do I emote in Multiplayer Modes?
You can emote by moving the right joystick on gamepads or holding “1” and pressing the arrow keys on the keyboard.
12. Does Remote Play work on PS4?
Yes! Remote Play is enabled on PS4.
13. The Tetris Effect: Connected Digital Deluxe DLC is free for one month on PS4 if you already own the game. How can I get it?
Search for “Tetris Effect: Connected Digital Deluxe DLC” on PlayStation Store and if you already own Tetris Effect: Connected, you will see a “Download” button. Enjoy the avatar, dynamic themes and soundtrack sampler!
14. I got the Soundtrack Sampler as part of the Digital Deluxe DLC on PS4, how can I play the tracks?
To get the soundtrack sampler tracks off your PS4, follow these steps:
- Create a folder called “MUSIC” on a USB drive from your computer and insert into PS4
- Find the Tetris Effect Soundtrack Sampler in your library. When you locate it, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Remove the USB stick and play the files on any mp3 compatible device
Xbox/Windows 10 Info:
15. What happened to my SR/stats on Xbox/Windows 10?
Skill Rating (SR) has been reset in all versions of the game to re-calibrate matchmaking between similarly-skilled players. You can find your archived stats in-game via new pages in “My Records.” (SR before the reset will be immortalized on the Community page of our website).
16. Is Tetris Effect: Connected available on Xbox Game Pass, and / or Xbox Game Pass for PC?
Yes, it is available on both Game Pass and Game Pass for PC.
17. Are there any differences between the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 PC versions of Tetris Effect: Connected?
The Windows 10 PC version has extra graphical options if your PC specs can handle the extra load.
18. There’s a patch update on Windows 10 but my game is not auto updating.
The game sometimes doesn’t automatically update through the Xbox app. You need to go to the Microsoft Store, click the “…” button > “Downloads and Updates” > Get Updates” in order to force the update. If that doesn’t work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
19. Do I need an Xbox Live Gold membership to play Tetris Effect: Connected online?
Yes, online multiplayer on all Xbox systems requires Xbox Live Gold (subscription sold separately or via Xbox Game Pass Ultimate). PC players do not need an additional Xbox Live online subscription.
20. Will Tetris Effect: Connected be playable via XCloud or Xbox Console Streaming?
Xbox Console Streaming is enabled. However, due to contractual reasons with the Tetris license the game does not support XCloud/Cloud Gaming.
21. Is the Windows 10 (Microsoft Store) PC version of the game playable in VR?
VR in the Windows 10 PC version has been added in version 1.1.0 and is Oculus Rift and HTC VIVE compatible.
Oculus Quest Info:
22. Has the game been updated for Oculus Quest 2 headsets?
Since the new Connected update, there are new performance or fidelity graphic options to boost resolution for Oculus Quest 2 headsets.
23. Do the multiplayer modes have new music?
Yes! Award-winning musical artist Hydelic composed new tracks for the multiplayer update.
24. Where can I buy the soundtrack for Tetris Effect: Connected?
The new songs added in Tetris Effect: Connected have not been released yet. The original Tetris Effect soundtrack (released in May 2020) is available on Bandcamp, Spotify, Apple Music, and YouTube. You can choose your platform from this link.
Bonus Extras Info:
25. I got the Steam launch DLC for Tetris Effect: Connected. Where can I find the extra content?
- 1. Find Tetris® Effect: Connected in your library
- 2. Right click on the game title and click “Properties”
- 3. Click “Local Files” and go to “Browse”
- 4. Find the DLC in the folder called “Digital Deluxe Bonus Extras”
- 5. Enjoy! 😊 Folder path: \Steam\steamapps\common\Tetris Effect Connected\Digital Deluxe Bonus Extras