Tetris Effect: Connected Patch 1.2.0/1.2.1 (8/18/21)
——–PATCH NOTES V1.2.0 / V1.2.1 where noted*——–
(*Note: Version 1.2.1 is pending submission and will deploy after platform approvals, most within today, though some might take an extra day; FWIW both versions 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 can matchmake with each other, but please always keep your game updated to the latest version!)
[ALL VERSIONS] Launched Steam version and updated PS4, Epic and Oculus Quest to support online multiplayer and cross-platform play between all current versions of the game (Steam, PS4, Epic Games Store, Oculus Quest, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Microsoft Store PC, including Xbox Game Pass), with added options for the Xbox versions.
[ALL] Added cross-platform Rankings for Multiplayer.
[ALL] Added Spectator Mode, allowing for a total of 8 people (including players and spectators) to join Friend Matches , for drop-in / drop-out casual play or for hosting online tournaments.
[QUEST 2 ONLY] Enhanced particles when running on Quest 2, and added new PERFORMANCE (prioritize framerate) or FIDELITY (prioritize resolution) choice in OPTIONS > GRAPHICS > GRAPHICS MODE for that headset.
[ALL] Added new “PAL” and “SLOW” speed as multiplayer game options (FRIEND and LOCAL MATCHes only). SLOW can be chosen as the SPEED MOD in MATCH OPTIONS of Zone Battle, and GAME SPEED can be set to PAL in the MATCH OPTIONS of Classic Score Attack games.
[ALL] Added time limits to Ranked Match lobbies to discourage idle players: Once one player “Ready”s, the other player(s) have 20 seconds to ready up or they will be removed from the lobby.
[PS4, EPIC, QUEST] All of the following OPTIONS have been reset to their defaults:
- Customize Controls
- Graphics (VR Graphics)
- Audio & Vibration
We apologize for any inconvenience.
[XB1/XSX/WIN10] OPTIONS > GRAPHICS have been reset to defaults. We apologize for any inconvenience.
[XB1/XSX/WIN10] Skill Rating (SR) and Multiplayer Leaderboards have been reset for technical reasons, as well as to facilitate better matchmaking between all players, old and new. Personal multiplayer stats leading up to the reset can be found in new archive pages MY RECORDS, and an archive of the overall Leaderboards will be going up on the Tetris Effect: Connected website soon (targeting by the end of August).
[XB1/XSX/WIN10] Removed in-game voice chat function.
[PS4] Remote Play support enabled.
[XB1/XSX] Fixed HDR setting to reflect the console’s HDR settings. (Note: OPTIONS > GRAPHICS were reset to defaults because of this fix.)
[ALL] Added OPTIONS (find in-game for details):
- INITIAL ROTATION / HOLD
- SIMULTANEOUS LEFT & RIGHT
- CONNECTED: MATRIX MOVEMENT
- CLASSIC SCORE ATTACK: BG FX
- NON-ACTIVE WINDOW: SOUND
[ALL] Other minor bug fixes and adjustments.
MULTIPLAYER BALANCE ADJUSTMENTS (i.e. adjusted from last [XB1/XSX/WIN10] version):
[Connected / Connected VS Modes]
- Boss behavior changes: The boss can only stack DEFENSE comets while the 3-player team is in a Connected Zone, and any extra comets remaining upon exiting the Zone (after cancelling the team’s attacks) will now be discarded. Also, outside of the Connected Zone, the boss can only switch to DEFENSE mode when they have garbage blocks to clear.
- Lines filled by MagicMinos’ cascading blocks now have the same attack power as lines filled by normal Tetriminos. Lines generated automatically by Matrices’ uniting into Connected Zone still have less attack power, as in previous versions.
- Increased team’s Attack Power as more Connected Zone lines are cleared.
- The probability that the same Blitz will repeat one after the other has been altered. Bosses other than Tetrimidion now have a slightly less predictable Blitz sequence, while Tetrimidion is less likely to repeat any deployed Blitz until later than before.
- Other minor adjustments on parameters and Blitzes.
- The amount of Broken Lines sent by Combos while in the Zone has changed from [0, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4 from there on] to [0, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3 from there on].
KNOWN ISSUES (not a comprehensive list):
[ALL] In the FRIEND MATCH lobby, the INVITE menu item should not appear for any players who joined the lobby via a ROOM ID, but currently is displaying for all players. This will be fixed (removed for those joining via ROOM ID) in an upcoming update.
[PS4/PS5, XB1/XSX] Leaving the game in the multiplayer menu when suspending / putting your system into rest mode can (if or when your network connection is interrupted at any point) return a network error when trying to access Rankings or matchmaking in Ranked Matches. Please restart the game to fix this.
**FIXED IN 1.2.1** [ALL] When a spectator leaves mid-game during a 4-or-more-player Friend Match, depending on the timing, an error can occur when returning to the lobby, causing a black screen to appear indefinitely when trying to enter the next match. If you encounter a session error in a lobby, please exit the lobby and start a new one. Again, this should be fixed in Ver. 1.2.1.
**FIXED IN 1.2.1** [ALL] Choosing NEXT AREA or CONTINUE at the result screen of a Connected Mode RANKED MATCH causes your OVERALL SR to display as “-1” in Rankings (after you finish the second match). For what it’s worth, your actual OVERALL SR is actually being tracked correctly, but just displayed incorrectly. Again, this should be fixed in Ver. 1.2.1, and the “-1” Rankings display problem will automatically fix itself the next time that player’s SR changes.
[WIN10] On certain PC configurations, a cloud save dialogue window can appear “under” the game when launching, effectively stopping the game from starting. If you experience this issue, please go to Startup > Right-click on Tetris Effect Connected > More > Run As Administrator, and the cloud save dialog window should appear on top of the game.
Microsoft Store purchasers: Please open the Microsoft Store page to download the latest version!