TETRIS® EFFECT: CONNECTED COMING TO NINTENDO SWITCH™
OCTOBER 8, 2021 AT SPECIAL 25%-OFF LIMITED-TIME LAUNCH DISCOUNT
Full Single-Player Game Plus Cooperative and Competitive Multiplayer Modes,
Playable Locally or Online Including Cross-Platform Play With All Other Versions
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA – August 11, 2021 – Enhance and The Tetris Company, Inc. announced today that Tetris® Effect: Connected will release for Nintendo Switch on October 8, 2021, the launch day of the new Switch (OLED model) hardware, and at a special 25% off discount for its first two weeks on sale; the game has been thoroughly adapted and optimized for the Switch system, retaining all of its audio-visual splendor whether played in TV, Tabletop, or Handheld mode, and including all 30+ stages and 10+ modes of the single-player game, plus full cooperative or competitive cross-platform multiplayer (Nintendo Switch Online membership required) with all other versions of the game that are launching or updating on August 18th: PS4, Xbox, Microsoft Store PC, Steam, Epic Games Store and Oculus Quest.
The winner of over 80 awards, including overall Game of the Year and dozens of nods for its entrancing visuals and eclectic soundtrack, Tetris Effect: Connected’s Switch version allows players access to the hypnotic experience anytime — single- or multiplayer, either online over Wifi or locally on the same screen with up to four Joy-Con controllers. It should also prove an excellent showcase title for the larger, more vibrant screen of the OLED model, as well as its improved speakers.
- From the people who brought you stylish hits like the award-winning Rez Infinite and Lumines: legendary creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi, and the developers at Monstars Inc.
- Includes the all-new “Zone” mechanic, where players can stop time (and Tetriminos falling) by entering “the Zone” and either get out of a sticky situation that could otherwise lead to “Game Over,” or rack up extra Line Clears for bonus rewards.
- Over 30 different single-player stages, each with its own music, sound effects, graphical style and background that all evolve and change as you play through them.
- Over ten different single-player modes, from old favorites like Marathon and Sprint, to inventive modern variants like Purify and Mystery modes.
- Player grading and leveling system as well as variable difficulty to encourage and reward replayability.
- Full suite of co-operative and competitive multiplayer modes, including Ranked and Friend matches, a spectator system, custom lobbies, cross-platform play, and more; details below!
Among the new modes is the titular Connected, where three players can team up and literally connect their Matrix play fields to fight against A.I.-controlled Bosses; Zone Battle, a one-on-one match of standard competitive Tetris, but with a twist: the time-stopping Zone mechanic (first introduced in Tetris Effect’s single-player game); and Score Attack, a “single-player versus” mode, where two players compete separately to see who can get the best score.
Also included is a special variation on Score Attack mode, Classic Score Attack, which brings back the look and feel of Tetris® from when it was first introduced to console gamers over 30 years ago. More than just a nostalgic coat of paint, Classic Score Attack recreates the old school controls and settings, including the removal of Hard Drop and the Hold Queue, Tetriminos Lock Down immediately when they touch a surface, and random Tetrimino generation. The mode also pays homage to a standard of “Pro” Tetris competition popularized by the Classic Tetris World Championship, an annual fan event that brings together some of the top Tetris players from all over the world.
The new multiplayer expansion joins the 10-plus single-player modes already included in the original Tetris Effect. This is Tetris like you’ve never seen it, or heard it, or felt it before—an incredibly addictive, unique, and breathtakingly gorgeous reinvention of one of the most popular puzzle games of all time, from the people who brought you the award-winning Rez Infinite and legendary puzzle game Lumines. Music, backgrounds, sounds, special effects—everything, down to the Tetriminos themselves, pulse, dance, shimmer, and explode in perfect sync with how you’re playing, making all of the game’s 30+ stages something you’ll want to experience over and over again.
Development is being handled by the same team of Monstars Inc. and Resonair as the original Tetris Effect, with additional coding and networking help from Tokyo-based Stage Games.
Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.