1. Will the Connected multiplayer expansion come to the PS4, Epic Games PC or Oculus Quest versions of Tetris Effect? When?
Yes! The Connected update will be free for all owners of Tetris Effect when it releases in the Summer of 2021.
2. Will Tetris Effect: Connected be playable via XCloud or Xbox Console Streaming?
No, due to contractual reasons with the Tetris license the game does not support XCloud or Xbox Console Streaming.
3. Will Tetris Effect come to Steam?
Yes, a Steam version of Tetris Effect: Connected is planned to launch in Summer 2021, alongside the multiplayer update for existing versions of the game.
4. Will Tetris Effect: Connected be available on Xbox Game Pass, and / or Xbox Game Pass for PC?
Yes, it will be available on both Game Pass and Game Pass for PC starting at launch.
5. Will Tetris Effect: Connected support cross-play online multiplayer between the Xbox systems and PC? Will my progress carry over between the different versions?
Yes, the game is cross-play between Xbox One, Xbox Series, and WIndows 10 (Microsoft Store) versions, and progress for any gamertag in any version will carry over to any other version.
6. Will Tetris Effect: Connected support cross-play online multiplayer with upcoming systems (PS4, PC [Steam], Oculus Quest, PC [Epic Store])? Will my progress carry over between the different versions?
We don’t know yet if it’ll be possible to support crossplay for all systems, so if it’s an important factor to you at this point, we suggest assuming the answer is: no crossplay outside the Xbox family, and that progress between other versions will not transfer over.
7. Do I need an Xbox Live Gold membership to play Tetris Effect: Connected online?
Yes, online multiplayer on all Xbox consoles requires Xbox Live Gold (subscription sold separately). PC players do not need an additional Xbox Live online subscription.
8. Is the Windows 10 (Microsoft Store) release of Tetris Effect: Connected separate from the Epic Games Store version?
Yes. The Windows 10 version of Tetris Effect: Connected is only available on the Microsoft Store starting November 10, 2020. Owners of Tetris Effect from the Epic Games Store will receive the multiplayer expansion for free in Summer 2021.
9. Is the Windows 10 (Microsoft Store) PC version of the game playable in VR?
Not at launch, but it will be soon after. Unfortunately we realized only late in development that implementing proper VR support on Microsoft Store PC titles can pose some unique challenges; we have a working version we plan to add via an update soon after launch (targeting by the end of calendar 2020), using the time between to go through the appropriate testing and QA, etc. We apologize for the extra wait, but we’re confident this is the best way to ensure VR support that meets our standards, and those of our players.
10. Do the multiplayer modes have new music?
Yes! Award-winning musical artist Hydelic composed new tracks for the multiplayer update.
11. How many players can play in each multiplayer mode?
Zone Battle: 1P vs. 1P (or 1P vs. CPU on local multiplayer)
Score Attack: 1P vs. 1P (or 1P vs. CPU on local multiplayer)
Classic Score Attack: 1P vs. 1P (or 1 vs. CPU on local multiplayer)
Connected: 1-3P vs. CPU (or 1-3P vs. 1P in Connected Vs. Mode during Weekend Rituals)
CPU A can be substituted for live players in Local Matches (offline) and Friend Matches (online). Ranked Matches (online) require all players to be human.
12. Is there a PS5 version of Tetris Effect: Connected on the way?
No, we have no plans for a dedicated PS5 version of Tetris Effect or Tetris Effect: Connected, but the PS4 version of Tetris Effect will run on the PS5 via backwards compatibility, including in PSVR, both before and after the “Connected” update comes to it in Summer 2021.
13. What kind of performance can be expected on the different Xbox systems?
Series X: 4K / 60fps
Series S: 1440p / 60fps
Xbox One X: 1080p / 60fps (fps not locked — can dip in multiplayer, for example)
Xbox One S: 1080p / 30fps (fps not locked — can dip in multiplayer, for example)
14. Are there any differences between the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 PC versions of Tetris Effect: Connected?
The Windows 10 PC version has extra graphical options if your PC specs can handle the extra load.
15. Streaming/Recording Rules
Streaming and recording of the game is allowed. Music rights are owned by Enhance and we will not issue any copyright strikes. Please enjoy and let us know if you stream!